The UFC is fully aware of our Corporate Social Responsibilities and influences the way in which we manage all aspect of our governance in areas concerning the environment, the health and welfare of our team and those involved in supply to our business and the positive role we play in our own communities.
The United Fresh Consortium Ltd (UFC) is a distributor of high quality food products from around the globe. Whilst our products are mainly sold in the United Kingdom, we search the world to find new sources of supply to satisfy the needs of our customers. The directors of UFC place environmental performance high upon the company agenda. Our success depends upon our ability to continually seeking to minimise the impact on the environment from the company’s significant energy usage, waste product and packaging. We will actively seek to provide systems which are compliant with all relevant legislation to ensure prevention of pollution and community goodwill. This commitment is in the best interests of our customers, our employees and the activities of UFC and our Partners.
UFC requires the active commitment to, and support of, the environmental management system from all employees and Partners. In addition, it is the management duty to provide a leadership role in the communication and implementation of this policy statement, to deliver targets in line with our policy statement.
The key points of this strategy are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and power requirements
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact through production and distribution
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated through the activities of the UFC and its Partners.
This key policy is underwritten by the Directors of the United Fresh Consortium
Some of our customers...